With the new Administration and Congress, there have been numerous changes in direction and approaches to federal policy issues that are vital to producers. In response, NDCGA is hosting a Webinar to provide a federal policy update, featuring NDCGA lobbyist Jim Callan, Also joining will be National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) Directors of Public Policy Colleen Willard and Wayne Stoskopf. Also welcomed are staff member invitees from ND’s congressional offices of Senator Kevin Cramer, Senator John Hoeven, and Representative Kelly Armstrong to provide insight.
The webinar will be held Wednesday, June 2, 2021, from 7:00–8:00 am CST via Zoom.
Topics that will be covered include the following:
- Stepped Up Basis Tax Proposal – the Biden Administration is proposing to change the current stepped up basis formula that could negatively impacts producers and small
- Climate Policy – Following an Executive Order issued by President Biden, USDA recently issued a report responding to public comments—what are their recommendations and what do they mean for producers?
- Conservation Matters – Conservation Reserve Program, “America the Beautiful” 30×30 Conservation Plan—the latest updates.
- Federal Crop Insurance – what are the budgetary risks to this vital program?
- Future of Farm Programs – what are the implications of federal appropriations/policy, e.g., the MFP, Covid-19 relief packages for the 2023 Farm Bill (or earlier)?
- Trade – what directions are the new Administration taking, and what is status of Trade Promotion Authority?
There will be a Q&A time set aside at the end of the hour as well.
Limited to ACTIVE members only!
Click here to register.
Please contact the office at 701-566-9322 with any questions.